Investing In Our Youth is delighted to introduce the Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters – HIPPY, Bunbury-Collie.
HIPPY is supported by research that shows that children’s most powerful learning comes from their family, and that getting a strong start at school sets children up for life.”
This program is a two-year, home based early learning program that empowers parents and carers as their child’s first teacher. It is a free program that helps children make a successful transition to school and beyond.
In the first year, the year before school begins, families learn skills to get their children ready for school. In the second year, parents learn more about supporting their children’s learning and development at school and at home. This entails 10-15 minutes a day doing educational activities with their children. A trained HIPPY tutor meets with the family to practice HIPPY activities.
So what are the benefits of HIPPY?
- The programs helps parents as their child’s first teacher
- Helps children to be ready for school
- Builds Self-esteem and confidence
- Families have fun learning together
- Strengthens links to the community
What do families get?
- Free HIPPY storybooks an activity packs
- A regular time with a HIPPY tutor
- Invitations to community events and HIPPY group meetings
- Training and learning opportunities
“The Brotherhood of St. Laurence holds the licence to operate HIPPY in Australia”
“The Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters is funded by the Australian Government through the Department of Social Services”
To find out more, please email or call Julia Poole:
P: 08 97216951