Hands Up For Kids
Hands Up For Kids (HU4K) is a new reading program that recruits community volunteers to listen to children in local primary schools read aloud. Reading aloud to a keen listener can increase children’s reading levels, fluency, and enthusiasm for reading.
Hands Up For Kids is recruiting volunteers RIGHT NOW!
- By volunteering for one hour per week, you could help 3-4 young children increase their enjoyment of reading.
- Volunteers will be supported with one hour orientation/training and will be working under teacher supervision
- A working with children’s check will be required (this process will be supported and costs reimbursed)
- Join the current volunteer team and be part of this rewarding experience
- Make a difference – early reading skills are an important indicator of future academic success
For information on upcoming volunteer information sessions, contact Hands Up For Kids coordinator Jan Akaczonek on email@example.com .
Hands Up For Kids is proudly supported by partner schools and Investing In Our Youth; GSEDC (SW), Vukelic Holdings, and the Rotary Club of Bunbury Leschenault.
Volunteers at Parkfield Primary School were recognised for their work with
Hands Up 4 Kids when the Governor of Western Australia, Malcolm McCusker, visited July 2013.